If you want a much better understanding of all the details Facebook’s storing you, you are going to want to download a duplicate of your Facebook data. Here’s how!
Taking control of your Facebook data starts with understanding just how much of your data is kept with Facebook. The social media support offers a self-help device that gives you gain access to your complete trove of personal data. That it is a reasonably simple process that enables you to see all of your photos, videos, close friends, contact info, communications, apps, and quite a little more that Facebook’s keeping on its servers.
How to download a copy of your Facebook data
- On the web, visit the General Account Settings page.
- At the bottom of your General Account Settings, click Download a copy of your Facebook data.
- Click Start My Archive.
- Enter your password and click Submit to continue.
- Click Start My Archive to start the process of creating your Facebook archive.
- Click Okay.
- Wait for an e-mail or Facebook notification letting you know your Facebook archive is ready to download.
- Click Download Archive.
Enter your password and click Submit to download your Facebook archive.
Your archive will as a ZIP archive download. Inside you will discover four folders ánd an HTML web page. Simply clicking the HTML page will need you to an area representation of your Facebook archive. You can go through the links below your profile picture on the remaining to observe everything Facebook is usually storing. If you are wondering, yep, Timeline will go completely back to the start. I cringed – more youthful me was therefore angsty.